COUNTER 5 Usage Statistics Are Now Available for AccessScience
- With the release of COUNTER 5 reports, no data will be available for a given month until 7 business days after the end of that month.
This is a change from COUNTER 4, which provided usage for partial months.
Neither COUNTER 4 nor COUNTER 5 reports will show data for a given month until 7 business days after the end of that month.
- Due to the difference in metrics and how interactions are counted, data should not be directly compared between COUNTER 4 and COUNTER 5 reports.
For more information on the new metrics see Project Counter's Manual for Librarians
- COUNTER 5 reports will have data beginning January 1, 2021.
- COUNTER 4 reports will still be available through at least June 1, 2021.
- SUSHI harvesting is available, please contact Customer Success for details ([email protected]).
- See the Admin page Usage Statistics section for more details on how to log in to the SAMS Sigma Admin Portal to download COUNTER reports.
COUNTER 5 Reports for AccessScience
The following reports will be most useful for AccessScience usage.
- IR master: Shows Investigations and Requests for all content types (Articles, Briefings, News, Biographies, Projects).
IR_A1: Shows Total Item Requests for individual AccessScience articles.
IR_M1: Shows Total Item Requests for individual AccessScience videos/animations.
|Content on AccessScience
|Briefings, News, Biographies, Projects
- PR master: Shows platform totals for Investigations and Requests by data type and platform searches.
PR_P1: Shows searches and total item requests (shows only requests not investigations, not separated by data type).
Comparing Total vs. Unique item requests shows if specific content is being viewed multiple times or by multiple users.
Everything counted as an Investigation is also counted as a Request (so these values will be equal); nothing in AccessScience has an abstract or summary page.
If your institution subscribes to both AccessScience and AccessEngineering
All reports will contain data for both platforms. The "Platform" column in each report will allow you to filter to content for just AccessScience or just AccessEngineering.
See the notes below for what will appear for AccessEngineering and AccessScience in the reports that are not listed in the AccessScience reports above, or the AccessEngineering reports at this linked page.
- IR master: For AccessEngineering, this report will show total item requests for specific book chapters or sections, spreadsheets, case studies, DataVis projects and tutorials.
- IR_A1: For AccessEngineering, this report will show no data since there are no Articles in AccessEngineering.
- IR_M1: For AccessEngineering, this report will not show any content until video tracking is added for AccessEngineering at a later date.
- TR master and TR_B1: For AccessScience, the entire platform appears in these reports as one “Title”, with a row for each metric.
If you have questions on available reports, please contact Customer Success at [email protected].